Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Yarn Along

Happy Wednesday and Happy Yarn Along Day!  Linking up with Ginny from Small Things :)



I am so happy to say that I finally finished my Scalloped Table Runner!  I started making this as a Christmas present for my mom, but I ran out of time and ended up wrapping an unfinished project to put under the tree for her to open so that she knew she had a gift coming soon.  My knitting slowed down some once the New Year hit, but I finally was able to make the last of the table runner, and it's currently blocking.  I used KnitPick's CotLin yarn which is cotton and linen, so it has a lot of structure, and I'm hoping it will maintain its shape well.

I got a lot of yarn for Christmas, so now I get the pleasure of picking out a new project!  What are you knitting right now?

14 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! That table runner looks fantastic! The scalloped edge is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel! The lace edging turned out wonderfully!

      Delete
  2. wahoo! blocking is the best part of lace :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! This was also my first time using blocking mats instead of just towels--they make blocking so much easier!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I think she's very excited for me to bring it over to her :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! It turned out even better than I was expecting :)

      Delete
  5. Oh that is lovely!! Wow. I made a couple garments for my girls from cotlin this summer and loved it...they have maintained well through several washings...though I always hand wash and dry flat. Kids are so hard on clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! I'm so glad to hear that you love Cotlin too and especially glad that it seems to hold up well!

      Delete
  6. What a great gift for your mom. The table runner is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathie! My mom always has a runner on her kitchen table, so it seemed like the perfect gift idea :)

      Delete
  7. This is great! Who cares if it's a little late. My good ideas don't kick in until December anyway!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Precisely! And this way, the Christmas joy is extended a whole month later!

      Delete