Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Yarn Along

Happy Wednesday and Happy Yarn Along Day!  Linking up with Ginny from Small Things :)


And Happy New Year!  Can you believe that it's already 2014? Where did this past year go?  2013 zoomed by, but I have some really great memories to cherish forever.  Wherever you are, I hope that 2014 is a wonderful year for you and your family.

Ever since Christmas, I've had a lot of projects that I've been eager to share (since I no longer have to keep them a secret)!  The project that I'm probably most excited about--and that was also the most last minute--is these hand crocheted wine charms.  Because I have so many sisters (5!), we all do a Secret Santa gift exchange every year.  This Christmas, I got my sister Kelly who is a wine aficionado of sorts.  So in addition to some other wine related gifts, I decided to hand-make her some wine charms.  I bought the earring wires from Michaels, and then crocheted a design onto them using just simple embroidery floss and a 2.1 mm crochet hook.  It was slightly tedious work, but only took a few hours to complete, and I am so thrilled with the results that I want to make some for myself!

I have so many projects planned for the new year, and I can't wait to share them all here!

4 comments:

  1. Those are super cute and I'm sure that your sister loved them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And she did love them! A perfect addition to a wine themed gift.

      Delete
  2. Oh I love the wine charms! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathie! I think they're great too--I want to make some for myself!

      Delete