Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Tuesday Tea: The Start of My Last Semester As an Undergrad

I can't believe that I have finally started my last semester at Georgia Tech.  Freshman year feels like it was yesterday, and much like my Spring semester of Freshman year, we are again getting harsh cold weather and snow flurries.  That's some pretty awesome symmetry, if you ask me!

I spent the last few days of Christmas Break in Chicago with David, and the cold up there makes Atlanta's recent weather feel like nothing.  While I never saw negative temperatures while I was up there, I did see more snow than I've ever seen in my entire life combined.  Having never experienced that much snow though, I kind of loved it.  We ventured outdoors several times (mostly for food), but in general, we spent much of our time indoors (with the exception of me making a snow angel in the middle of a Chicago sidewalk--zero regrets).  We watched lots of movies (The Perks of Being a Wallflower, This Is the End, and Pacific Rim), and we made lots of food.  And, of course, we made lots of tea to help keep us toasty.

My flight back to Atlanta Sunday was greatly delayed, but I was thankful that the flight wasn't outright cancelled as most of them were that day.  Instead, I got a lot of reading done while I waited around at the airport, and eventually I made it home.  I think I brought the cold weather with me though.

My classes this semester seem to be a mix of both good and horrible, but really only time will tell how they will turn out.  I'm only taking three classes, so hopefully I won't get too bogged down with work, but on the flip-side, I'm also hoping that the extra down time won't make me lazy. It's probably going to be a toss-up between the two, but I'm hoping the new year and new semester will bring some balance. For now, I'm starting things on the right foot by staying organized and trying to establish a new daily routine. I don't have any classes until 12, so the hardest part will probably be making sure I still wake up early enough and not waste the day away in bed.

Oh, and I'm drinking some organic ceylon from the Dekalb farmer's market. What kind of tea are you drinking today?

No comments:

Post a Comment