Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Tuesday Tea: Snow-ish Day

I think all my trips to Chicago have made me blasé about snow. I understand that Atlanta is ill-equipped to plow snow and that most southerners have little to no experience with driving in the snow.  However, I really think it's hilarious that grocery stores will be emptied out of necessities like bread and milk and that the entire city will essentially shut down.

It just really humors me to see the differences in how southern and northern cities react to the cold and snow :)

Eskimos have over 100 names for snow. And Atlantans have just one reaction. Panic.

This snow day won't be very different for me though. I still had to go to my only class of the day (which was a bummer considering the fact that I had a quiz), and I still have a lot of homework to finish.

The idea of a snow day is a rather glamorous one though, and I do plan on taking more time out of my day to luxuriate in the novelty. I like the idea of curling up next to a window with a cup of hot tea and a book. Snow can make any situation magical. Even walking to the mailbox at the end of the street felt more purposeful.

So that's my goal for the rest of my day. To do even the most mundane tasks with a sense of purpose and to appreciate the magic of the snow... Even if it is only a dusting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment