Friday, January 10, 2014

Spicy BBQ Whiskey Sliders // The Pioneer Woman Cooks

For Christmas, David gave me The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A Year of Recipes cookbook, and I made it a personal goal on my list of 14 things to do in 2014 to make one recipe a month from it.  Last week, I was in Chicago, and I figured what better time to try out a recipe than in the Windy City?  I had picked out a recipe ahead of time (so that I didn’t have to lug the whole cookbook onto the plane with me), and when David asked me what I wanted to cook for dinner one day, I conveniently already had a suggestion on hand – since my usual response to that question is “I don’t know” or “I don’t care.”  I asked how spicy BBQ whiskey sliders sounded to him, and he agreed that it would make a great dinner.  As a bonus, these were so easy to make, and we already had most of the ingredients that we would need on hand!




Just as I had anticipated, this was a really simple recipe that had a lot of bang for its buck.  It made 12 sliders and only took about a total of 30 minutes to prep and cook from start to finish.  And you guys, these sliders were soooo yummy.  They had just enough spice and just a taste of whiskey, and I was in burger heaven.  The Pioneer Woman also recommends making these with bison instead of beef, and I bet that would make them even more heavenly. 


My first recipe of the year definitely gets a big thumbs up.

Of course, David is saying that because he helped cook that this shouldn't count towards the 12 recipes I will be making this year, but I say it does :)

1 comment: