Friday, January 17, 2014

Five Skills I Wish That I Could Put On My Resume

The Spring semester career fair is in just over a week.  I really dread this time of the semester as it's a time when I'm really forced to face the inadequacies of my resume.  So instead, I like to think about all the things I'd like to put on my resume just to show all those campus representatives that I'm actually a really cool person even though they're not exactly work-specific skills.  Maybe I'm just well-rounded ;)

1. I knit a lot, and I think I'm actually quite good at it.  If I somehow did manage to bring this up in an interview, however, I think I could swing it my way in favor of something more work appropriate--knitting shows patience, precision, and attention to detail, and these are not just knitting skills but work skills and life skills in general.  Plus I am known to make really rad gifts.

2. I make an amazing cup of tea.  I have all of my ratios down, and I'm pretty good at knowing when to pour the tea once it's done steeping.  I will offer you a wide range of things to complement your tea--sugar, honey, lemon--even though I'm partial to cream or milk myself.

3. I have 46 cover videos on YouTube.  They don't have outrageous view counts or anything, but for the most part, they have been well-received, and that makes it worth it to me.

4. Once I'm asleep, I can stay asleep through almost anything, most notably, a fire alarm.

5. I have been published in Georgia Tech's literary magazine every year since my admission.  I'm hoping to round out my senior year and my Tech career with a perfect batting average.

No comments:

Post a Comment