Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014.

In tradition of the past two years, for this new year, I would like to outline 14 things I would like to do or accomplish in 2014.  I don't like the idea of making "resolutions," so instead I like to make attainable goals for myself, little things to work on as the year progresses so that I don't get overwhelmed two weeks in and abandon all hope of improvement by the end of January.  Life is fast-paced as it is; I don't need to add to my own stress by creating unattainable goals.  I want to set myself up for success, not failure.

1. Make one recipe a month from my "Pioneer Woman Cooks: A Year of Holidays" cookbook that David gave me for Christmas.
2. Graduate from college.
3. Get a job.
4. Do something I've never done before.
5. Finish the baby birth announcement cross-stitch for my nephew.
6. Read at least 30 books.
7. Write a song.
8. Check an item off of my bucket list.
9. Learn to be a better girlfriend/sister/daughter/friend.
10. Write more, be it letters, poetry, or the next great American novel.
11. Learn a new craft.
12. Knit my first pair of socks.
13. Go to church every Sunday.
14. Maintain a workout schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment