Sunday, December 1, 2013

Five Movies I Always Watch Before Christmas

It's officially December, and we've had the cold weather to show for it.  The beginning to December is usually a downer because although I'm itching to get into the Christmas mood, I'm stuck instead with finishing up the end of the semester and taking exams.  But once that last day of exams rolls around, pretty much nothing stops me from participating in all things holiday related, and there are always five movies that I make sure to watch around Christmas time.

1: Love Actually. This is the ultimate modern day Christmas story. It showcases all my favorite British actors, and I've been known to watch this movie regularly throughout the year, regardless of the season.
2: White Christmas.  My family watches this movie without fail every Christmas, and my sisters and I frequently can be caught singing the "Sisters" song. Also, I have a crush on Bing Crosby--his voice makes me melt.
3: Home Alone.  This movie is guaranteed to be on TV at least once or twice during December, and I'll definitely make sure to catch it. Especially since the only copy of this movie that my family owns is on VHS.
4: The Santa Clause.  This is one of those movies that is really funny when you are younger, but it's not until you are older that you realize just how much adult humor is in this movie.
5: While You Were Sleeping.  This movie is the epitome of a cheesy 90's "rom-com," but it's amazing. It also just so happens to be one of my sisters' favorite movies, so I've seen it dozens of times. I can quote large chunks of this movie. It also takes place in Chicago, so it's always fun to watch and see what buildings and landmarks I recognize.

And because I couldn't narrow it down to just five:

6: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.  Three words: Happy Christmas, Harry.

No comments:

Post a Comment