Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Tuesday Tea: Long Books and a Cup of Tea

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
    - C.S. Lewis

I'm currently drinking a mug of Earl Grey, and reading two hunks of books right now.

The first is An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon which I have been plowing through for quite some time.  My motivation to finish it quickly though has diminished somewhat though since the author of the series just announced that the release date of the eighth book is being pushed back.  So for now, I've been taking breaks between sections of the book to read other things as well.

The second hunk of book that I'm reading right now is A Feast for Crows by George R. R. Martin.  I definitely agree with the other people that think that this is the worst book of the series.  But by worst book, I think we all know that I don't mean that the book is bad, just slow and maybe a little dry compared to the fast-paced, heart-pumping previous three books.  I have only about a fifth of the book left though, and it has only gotten progressively more exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment