Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tuesday Tea: Sweater Weather

There's been a Fall survey/questionnaire thing-y floating around a lot of people's blogs recently called sweater weather which is pretty much a fun little way to get to know more about people's favorite things about Fall. Most people answer the questions in the form of a video, but I'm just going to type them out. Maybe one day I'll work up the courage to do a vlog.

1. Favorite candle scent? I don't really burn too many candles myself, but during the Christmas season, my parents usually have a candle burning in the kitchen or the dining room.  My two favorites come from a store which sadly no longer exists (Illuminations, anyone?), but when they went out of business, my family raided their store and stocked up on our favorites.  I'm a stickler for the Christmas tree and the Cranberry Orange scents.

2. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate? This one is pretty obvious for anyone that knows me at least moderately well.  Tea.  Hands down.  (I'm drinking Lady Grey right now.)  I'm not really one to discriminate against hot drinks though.  I'd probably drink coffee if it didn't make my stomach upset, and I love hot chocolate and hot apple cider.  There's a time and a place for all drinks, I guess.  I love to make sugar free hot chocolate when I have a really bad sweet tooth because it tastes sweet but isn't loaded up with sugar.

3. What's the best fall memory you have? There isn't really one specific memory that stands out to me, but I really love Thanksgiving in general.  I love spending that time with family, doing what I do best.  Which is eating.

4. Which makeup trend do you prefer: winged eye liner or dark lips? Is it acceptable to say neither?  I love eye liner, but the one time I've tried the "winged" look, I looked a little ridiculous.  Maybe if someone who knew what they were doing applied the makeup for me, then I might like it.  It's just not a technique I've really played around with that much so I haven't mastered it.  As for dark lips, I think they're too much hassle to maintain.  They look great when you first put it on, but as soon as you eat or drink anything, you're doomed.  I have a favorite lipstick (Clinique's Tender Heart), and it's my go-to.

5. Best fragrance for fall? I don't really have a seasonal fragrance, and I also don't own any perfumes.  I do have a couple body mists from Bath and Body Works that I like.

6. Favorite Thanksgiving food? ALL OF THEM.  I used to not like anything that my family served at Thanksgiving, but now I can't get enough.  If I had to choose one, I would probably go with the corn casserole (which I am in charge of cooking this year, so here goes nothing).

7. What is autumn weather like where you live? Today, Atlanta has been miserably cold and rainy all day.  Usually we don't get too much rain, but the temperature does like to fluctuate.  This will probably be our first cold Thanksgiving that we've had in a couple years.

8. Most worn sweater? My navy blue cardigan with the embroidery on the left breast.

9. Must-have nail polish this fall? I'm not that big on religiously painting my nails.  Whatever nail polish is on my toes usually stays there for a month, and having nail polish on my finger nails is usually too much of a commitment.  I did recently pick up NYC's "Fashion Safari" at Target though, and I really like it.

10. Football games or jumping in leaf piles? I enjoy going to Tech's football game's but other than that I don't really support any teams.  So I guess jumping in leaf piles.

11. Skinny jeans or leggings? Skinny jeans.  I used to hate jeans when I was a kid (probably because my family used to use a clothes line instead of the dryer, and air-dried jeans become as stiff as cardboard), but my love of them has grown.  I do appreciate leggings, but I hate the way they've exploded into being acceptable to wear in public.  Please cover your butts people.  That's my PSA for the day.

12. Combat boots or Uggs? How about just boots in general?  I practically live in my boots during the colder months.

13. Is pumpkin spice worth the hype? Considering that I don't drink coffee, I really can't speak to the ever famous pumpkin spice latte, but I don't like pumpkin flavored things in general.  David and I went to a wine party over Fall Break though where our hostess had made pumpkin cupcakes, and those were amazing.  I would kill for the recipe.  Especially the homemade frosting.

14. Favorite fall TV show? American Horror Story.  I'm really behind on the current season though because David and I prefer to watch it together.

15. What song really gets you into the fall spirit?  Ummm... Something mellow and acoustic.  Maybe Cat Stevens' "The Wind."  That song gets me every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment