Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Yarn Along

Happy Wednesday and Happy Yarn Along Day! Linking up with Ginny from Small Things :)

Before:


After:

This past weekend, I had the exciting fun of combining knitting and crochet together.  I used the same pattern that I used on this scarf that I presented for the Yarn Along a few weeks ago, but I feared that I would run out of yarn before I could complete it, so I excluded one of the pattern repeats.  To compensate for the width though, I considered crocheting a border around the edges.  I think the scalloped edge really sets the scarf apart, and I'm so excited with how it turned out!  I could not be more thrilled.

7 comments:

  1. That is beautiful and I agree that the scalloped edge is perfect and brings out the other stitches even more. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Your header is so sweet that I knew you had to be followed.

    Like the crochet along with the knitting; it gives it extra depth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! The scallops give it such a lacy look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The edging is nice. I wish I knew how to crochet for this reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! I keep thinking about combining knitting and crochet, but haven't really managed to do it yet.

    ReplyDelete