Saturday, October 26, 2013

The Holidays are Coming! The Holidays are Coming!

This title of course to be said in the style of Paul Revere.

As of yesterday, it's only two months until Christmas.  I'm the kind of person that gets upset that Thanksgiving is pretty much looked over because of the imminent Christmas season, but being a crafter and a lover of all things homemade, I really need to start thinking about Christmas early.

I've started my gift planning by making a list of all the homemade things that I want to make this year to give to family, and the next step in the process will be to go through my yarn stash, see what I can use up and see what yarn I will need to buy.  The hard part of course will be to not buy more yarn than I need, thus adding to the aforementioned stash.  What can I say, I have a small obsession with yarn-y things.

The next step is to obviously set about knitting frantically all the things I want to make in time for Christmas.  I have a pretty high goal this year, and although two months sounds like a decent amount of time to get things done, as fast as this month went, Christmas will be here before we know it.  Plus there's the added effort of having to get through the rest of the semester.  I may be a senior, but I'm trying my hardest to not put school on the back burner. Chant with me: I will not get senioritis.  I will not get senioritis.  I will not get senioritis.

No comments:

Post a Comment