Monday, September 9, 2013

Career Fairs

It's that time of year again: the time of year when I realize that I don't actually own any business professional clothing, that I make the mistake of wearing heels, and that I routinely have existential crises about the direction my life is headed.

Do I want to go into finance?
Do I want to go into consulting?
Insurance?
Teaching?

As Molly accurately described, who I ran into at the career fair, possibly the highlight of the whole ordeal, career fairs are slightly dehumanizing.

For once I'd like a recruiter to ask me what I do in my spare time and expect me to mention some creative part of my life, like knitting, and not that I taught myself a coding language in my free time (which I didn't fyi, I'm just throwing out an example, even though it just so happens to be the example that the guy in front of me in line gave).

Round two commences tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment