Monday, June 3, 2013

Long Distance Love Art



I had been wanting to make something like this for a while, and I knew that giving it to David to celebrate being together for a year and a half would be perfect.  I'm always looking for excuses to give David little presents, and I thought this was a good excuse, especially since all of my gift giving dates fall within just over two months of each other (our anniversary, Christmas, David's birthday, and Valentine's Day).  I don't want those Spring and Summer dates to get neglected after all!

I've seen a lot of arts and crafts ideas that incorporate states floating around Pinterest, but I wanted to do something that revolved around the theme of long distance, so I merged a lot of ideas to together, and this is what I came up with!

David and I have been in a long distance relationship for just over nine months, and I am more in love with him than ever.  I spent this past weekend with him in Chicago, and it was the perfect time to surprise David with a little gift.

I started out by printing off images of the states from offline (I used this website).  After carefully cutting them out, I traced them onto heavy card-stock that would look great framed.


After tracing the states, I outlined them again in black marker before I drew hearts over my cities of choice.  Add a dotted line connecting them and add a verse, and I had a finished product!  All I had left to do was to buy a frame and give it to David :)

No comments:

Post a Comment