Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Yarn Along

Happy Wednesday and Happy Yarn Along Day!  Linking up with Ginny from Small Things :)



Are we sick of reading about my lack of progress on this pattern yet?  I barely have anything to show for this past week's knitting, but I'm so eager to finish what I'm sure will one day be a completed Hashtag Camisole. I leave for Chicago next Thursday.  Think I could have it done by then?  Haha, probably a little bit too optimistic.  A girl could dream though.

In other news, I finished two books this past week, Someday, Someday, Maybe and The Paris Wife.  I was really pleasantly surprised by both of them and recommend them highly.  In retrospect, finishing two books this past week is probably part of the reason why I still have so much knitting to do (albeit I was mostly done with both of the books already).  Now, I'm reading A Visit from the Goon Squad, and, well, it's different.  It's not bad, just a little confusing since a different character is the focus of each chapter so far (granted I'm only on chapter three), and the book does a lot of jumping to past decades.  It came highly recommended though, so I'll stick it out.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a pretty pattern. Sometimes the books take the lead and sometimes the knitting. (and sometimes life but let's forget about that, right?)

    I keep hearing good things about Goon Squad so I may have to read it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like George R Martin or a Tom Clancy book, or a Robert Jordan book! Wow I guess that might be a popular novel style now that I think about it...

    ReplyDelete