Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tuesday Tea: Pre-Chicago Planning

Due to fortuitous scheduling, I only have class on Tuesday's and Thursday's which means that every weekend is a four day weekend. The end result: I leave this Thursday to go visit David in Chicago!  The only bummer is that I have a test at the last hour in my Mathematical Methods in Engineering class. I will literally take my test from 12-1:45 p.m. and then have to book it to the airport for my 3:50 flight. I know that barring any unforeseen problems or emergencies that I will make it to the airport and get to my gate in plenty of time, but I'm the kind of girl that leaves for the airport three hours early just to be on the safe side. Call me paranoid.

In the meantime, I have a lot to get done in a short period of time. Besides making sure that I'm fully packed by Wednesday night so that I can scoot out the door to the airport on Thursday, I need to finish preparing and studying for my test because I'm determined to get straight A's this semester.  This class is seriously so boring though.  It's taking all my willpower to not blow it off and knit instead.  I have about four or so inches left to knit on my camisole, and I really wish I could take the finish product to Chicago with me so that I can walk around the Windy City wearing something that I made myself (seriously the coolest feeling).  I know that I need to make studying a first priority though, so I made a pact with myself that if I work hard until 9 o'clock tonight, then I'll let myself take the rest of the night off to knit for a couple of hours before I hit the hay.  I just need to keep those temptations in check, and I'll be golden.

I can't believe I'm Chicago bound in less that two days!  As always, David and I have so much planned, and I can't wait to document it all and share it here :)

1 comment: