Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tuesday Tea: At It Again

Today marked my first day of summer classes. I have the joy of only having class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I'm hoping I'll be able to use my time off productively. Step number one has been to not open my computer during the day because I know that once it's open, I'll just spend countless hours doing mindless activities. I'm even writing this post on my phone to avoid going into my room and getting on the computer.

Step number two has involved waking up earlier in the day. Also so far so good. It really started this past week when I went horseback riding in Madison. The ranch serves breakfast every morning at 8 o'clock sharp, so since then, my internal clock has been waking me up every morning before 8. As a result, instead of rolling back over and going back to sleep, I've been getting up. The only bummer is that I now don't have a whole breakfast spread laid out for me when I wake up. Woe is me.  You can always depend upon me going straight to the kitchen to make tea though. This girl needs some caffeine if she's going to successfully avoid the temptations of naps.

After getting ready for the day, I left early for class so that I could go to Chick-fil-a beforehand.  I enjoyed my biscuit while doing some reading, and I moseyed over to my first class.  It was linear algebra, and I'm really excited for this class.  I forced myself to sit front and center, and it really helped me to focus.  I even answered a question!  I know you're probably thinking "big deal," but seriously guys, this is a big deal for me.

My second class, mathematical methods in engineering, is a big yawn inducer.  It's going to be a hard class already, but the speed at which that hour and 45 minutes moved is proving to make the class even worse.  I guess I can't have two classes that are perfect.  But here I am, drinking a cup of really delicious darjeeling tea, and getting a leg up on my classwork.  I'm determined to make this semester amazing.

1 comment:

  1. With a plethora of 4 day weekends so you can visit Chicago! :-)

    ReplyDelete