Sunday, March 3, 2013

New Glasses

I haven't actively worn glasses in years. I never really liked my old glasses very much, and since they're more than six years old, they've been the wrong prescription for quite some time. The only times I would ever wear them was when I absolutely had to, i.e. when I was sick because I have a tendency to get eye infections when my immune system is down.

As a result, I wear contacts 98% of the time. But contacts are expensive, and anything could happen to them that would cause you to have to throw them out and get a new pair. Glasses on the other hand are generally a one time payment and so long as you take care of them, they last for years. Thus, I've been trying to break myself back into the glasses wearing world, and I struck gold the other day.

Have you noticed that Facebook doesn't just put advertisements on the side of the page anymore but have actually started incorporating them into the news feed? Well, their efforts are clearly proving successful because it worked on me. I saw an advertisement for coastal.com saying that your first pair of glasses from there were free because they were so confident that buyers would be so happy with their purchase that they would be back again. After checking to see if this was all legit, I figured it couldn't hurt to browse their website.

Long story short, I found a pair of frames I liked, I gave them my prescription information, and all I had to pay was shipping and processing.

I ordered my glasses Thursday night, and the company said that they would arrive in a week. They arrived less than two days later on Saturday morning. And I love them! Plus, they came with some cleaning solution and a lens cloth and a miniature screwdriver in case the screw in my glasses comes loose. I am definitely one happy camper.



No comments:

Post a Comment