This recipe is so yummy, and you can probably pull it together with ingredients you already have in your pantry.
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1 cup yellow rice
- 1 can black beans
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 3/4 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 cups of shredded cheese (I used a mixture of cheddar and Monterey Jack)
- 8-10 small soft flour tortillas
- sour cream
- diced tomatoes
1. Cook yellow rice according to directions on packet. When rice is cooked, fluff rice and add in the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and lime juice. Season further to taste. Drain and rinse the black beans and add, with the chicken, to the rice. Add the cheese and mix until the cheese is melted.
2. Portion the rice mixture to each tortilla and roll them up.
3. In a preheated, buttered pan, place each tortilla seam side down into the pan. Cook each side about one minute, or until the tortilla is golden brown.
4. Transfer to plate and add optional (but highly recommended!) garnishes.
Yields about 8-10 wraps depending on how much you stuff the tortillas.