Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tuesday Tea: Why I Blog

David posed an interesting question to me the other day.  He asked what got me started in blogging, and off the top of my head, I didn't really have an answer.

So as I was falling asleep last night, I started thinking about it again.  Why do I blog? And as I thought more and more about it, the answer became more obvious, and I realized that it wasn't just one thing that made me start  my own blog.  In fact, it even really wasn't one instance that made me start blogging--it was a progression of time that helped me make my decision, time that went well after I had already even started Kerry My Heart.

Before I started blogging, I was an avid blog reader.  I read blogs about fashion, about music, about just everyday life... You name it, I read it, and it wasn't long before I started wondering what it took to write a blog.

Then, when I came to college, I learned one really important thing: most bloggers are just everyday people.  And as I met some friends who just so happened to have a blog, I decided that I could be a blogger too.  Thus after a little ingenuity, Kerry My Heart was born.

But the process wasn't over there.  I was still on a learning curve, and I was still figuring out why I was blogging.  One of the reasons I started this blog was to almost be like a journal or a scrapbook of my life.  I have always kept a handwritten journal, but one thing that I've found really convenient about blogging is the ease with which I can write.  I'm a much faster writer when using a computer than I am with a pencil.  Don't get me wrong, I still journal like crazy, but I think approaching this blog in that way has helped me to be more personal and open with what I write.

I have also learned that with blogging comes a tremendous sense of community.  I have met so many wonderful people through the online world of blogging.  Starting this year, I have also greatly looked forward to the weekly Yarn Along that I participate in--there is no happier blogging feeling that receiving a comment on a post :)

Blogging has been a journey, and the reason I blog is continually renewing.  I hope you'll join me for the ride :)

3 comments:

  1. I love reading your blood, it gives me a way to look into the mind of Kerry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started blogging because I wanted to do what I was reading and I do tend to talk a lot. You are right that there is a wonderful blogging community and I find there are lots of creative spirits out there as well that give me great ideas :)

    ReplyDelete