Monday, February 4, 2013

Strib Hat

I love knitting hats. I received some awesome wool yarn this Christmas that was soft enough to be worn but still warm enough to be used in colder weather, and I immediately thought of a pattern I had seen earlier when I saw the color combinations together.

Thus, I started the Strib Hat which acclimated me to ribbing and color changes when knitting in the round. I knitted about seven inches before I started the decreasing as opposed to the 5-6 inches suggested in the pattern because David has mentioned in the past that the hat I've made him before didn't completely cover his ears. It ended up being a good call because it fits him perfectly! I love how it turned out. I especially love the color blocking.






You can find the pattern and my Ravelry notes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment