Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Yarn Along

Happy Wednesday and Happy Yarn Along Day! Joining up with Ginny at Small Things :)

I'm excited today because even though I've been re-learning knitting over the past year and gathering a small catalog of stitches and experience, I am a complete novice at crochet.  I'm making strides to change that though, and David helped me take that first step by buying me a crochet book that has the most amazing photography in it and some hooks.

I've only learned a couple stitches so far, and I'm sticking just to making swatches so far, but I'm already hooked (pun always intended!).  I love the fluidity of crochet, and I can't wait to post more progress as I master more stitches and learn the crochet jargon.  I am especially excited for my first crochet project that I'm going to undertake.  Any suggestions on good patterns for complete beginners like me?


3 comments:

  1. Good luck Kerry! Your crochet looks a lot prettier than mine; I've been fiddling with different stitches but have yet to make anything recognisable! Fun though x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh - your crochet looks so neat :) I've tried to learn crochet a while back (from a book called 'The Happy Hooker' - haha!) - I should revisit it at some point. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! What a great book title - I would gladly learn crochet from that any day of the week! You should definitely pick up crochet again!

      Delete