Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Round Eight

I meant to write this post two days ago, the obligatory post about the first day of a new semester, but by the end of the day I was kicked in the butt and coming down with something. Now after a long day in bed yesterday, I dragged myself out of bed this morning to go to class even though my will to just lay there like a bump on a log was overwhelming.

Currently, I am taking an undetermined number of hours. One of the classes I was supposed to take this semester was cancelled unexpectedly, and even though I would still be considered a full time student without it, I am on the prowl still for a replacement. As a result, I am at the moment signed up for two different physics classes to try them on for size--classical mechanics and quantum mechanics. I'm still not sure which one I'm going to stick with (if either one). The bad bit is that I'm pretty horrible at physics, so either way, I'm going to be working my butt off.

But my other classes seem to be pretty decent so far. As if math wasn't confusing enough though, all my math classes seem to have overlapping names: combinatorial game theory, combinatorial analysis, and analysis I. My analysis class is definitely going to be the hardest I think.

The class I think I'm really going to like though is my creative writing class. It only has 15 people in it (even though apparently 100 students tried to get into it--I immediately felt skeptical about how I got in), so it's definitely going to be the smallest class I've ever had at Tech. The only downfall is that it is from 3-6 on Mondays, so I'm going to have to work up some energy to get through class that day. I love the professor's laid back energy though, so I can already suspect that this will probably be my favorite part of my week.

This semester is going to be full of lots of challenges, as always, but I'm excited for the new prospects that lie ahead :)

No comments:

Post a Comment