Saturday, February 2, 2013

My First Ever Crochet Project

I've gotten so into crochet these past few weeks! I definitely think my history of knitting helped me to get acclimated to the new challenges that crocheting brought to the table, and before long, I felt ready to undertake my first project!

After finding the easiest pattern I could, I chained 224 stitches and thus my first crocheted scarf was started. I decided to crochet the scarf longways because I wanted it to be long enough (the width was the more optional aspect in my opinion), and it is definitely long! It measures out to be about seven feet!

With the weather in Chicago having taken a drastic turn colder these past few weeks, I knew that I needed to make David a new scarf--one that would be thicker and longer so he could wrap it tightly around his neck and face to protect against the single digit temperatures. Plus his other scarf is getting pretty worn considering David uses it almost everyday. Yay for now having options!

I hope this new scarf keeps him nice and warm!

A work in progress!


All done!  It's crazy long!

The pattern and my Ravelry notes can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment