Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tuesday Tea

I have been a tea drinking fiend ever since I got home (that is, more than usual).  The reason: it is just warm enough outside to where it's freezing in the house, but turning on the heat seems a little overboard.  It's basically my parents' favorite time of the year because they would rather save the money than adjust the thermostat.  I don't think I've heard the air conditioning running once since I got home.  I can't really blame them though--it's from them that I got my stinginess.  I hate spending money.  I suppose it's better than the alternative: living in a cold house because we can't afford to pay the bill, but I've definitely been resorting to cups of tea and fuzzy socks to make my way across the cold tile kitchen floor.

Christmas break has been wonderful so far.  This is actually going to be the longest break from school that I've had since last Christmas.  I know that the three weeks are going to fly by though, and I'll be back at it before too much longer.  I'm just trying to make the most of it while I can.

By the way, read this article.  I cried at several points.

No comments:

Post a Comment