Monday, December 24, 2012

Scalloped-Edge Beanie

One of my goals this Christmas was to do something I'd never done before: to give only homemade Christmas presents. Okay, well, maybe not 100% homemade but I wanted to get as close as possible.

The first thing I endeavored to make was a hat whose pattern I got out of a knitting book that had been given to me from David's mom for my birthday. Possibly the best advice I have received since starting to knit is to add a new technique with every new project.  This time around, I decided to try my hand at knitting lace.  This hat ended up being a great first lace project.  It was difficult enough for me to still have to rip it out twice before successfully conquering the pattern but easy enough that I wasn't discouraged.

And I loved the end result!  I want to make another one for myself :)


1 comment:

  1. I thought it came out really well! And it looked like it fit great!

    ReplyDelete