Monday, December 3, 2012

Rawr Means I Love You In Dinosaur

Today marks the one year anniversary of David's and my relationship, and I could not be more thrilled.  Because we can't be together today, I flew up to Chicago this past weekend to be with him, and it was such a great couple of days, albeit incredibly short.  I arrived Friday evening fairly late, so after finally getting to David's apartment, we didn't do much more than just eat some food and watch some TV since we were both so tired.

On Saturday, the first thing was go to the grocery store to buy some things to make breakfast.  We made lots of potatoes and lots of eggs and LOTS of bacon.  And we also had mimosas which really made it special.  We had some leftovers of the eggs that we ate the next morning, but needless to say, all the bacon was gone.  The entire pound of it...

Later, we set out to see  more of the city!  Our first stop was Millennium Park where I got to see the famous Bean for the first time!  (Don't ask me what it's actually called, I have no idea.)  We wandered around the rest of the park and got to see some other cool things, but the Bean was really the highlight because I'd been wanting to see it for so long.





After Millennium Park, we took the bus over to the Lincoln Park Zoo which was having a light display.  The cool thing was that we weren't just there to look at Christmas lights; the rest of the zoo was open for exhibit as well.  The best part for me was seeing the giraffes :)





After the zoo, we went back to the apartment to make dinner.  On the menu: chicken satay with a spicy peanut sauce.  And it was soooo yummy!  It was even better than I was expecting it being.  We also made chocolate chip cookies and ended the night by watching some of The Producers before falling asleep.

Sunday morning, after waking up and eating our leftover breakfast from the day before, we went to church.  It was the first Sunday of Advent, which definitely put us in the Christmas spirit since we promptly walked to Ace Hardware after church to buy a Christmas tree.  When we got home with it, we put on some carols and decorated it.




It was the last thing we did before I had to catch my flight back to Atlanta, and it was the perfect ending to the weekend.

The real highlight of the trip though was when David and I unknowingly coordinated gifts for each other.  Besides the State of Love cross-stitch that I made him, I also made another cross-stitch:




It could not have been more perfect considering that this is one of the things David got me:




This is true love.

3 comments:

  1. Rawwwwwwr!
    Happy 1 year my love :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw the bean is called the cloud gate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm still going to call it The Bean though... :)

      Delete