Monday, December 31, 2012

Looking Back

When all is said and done, 2012 was a great year. I love looking back on the past year that I have had because it makes me appreciate so many things in my life. It also makes me realize how much time I take for granted--in retrospect, this year flew by. I know I talk about the progression of time a lot on this blog, but it really is something I feel all the time, especially as I complete more of my time at Georgia Tech and especially as David and I continue our journey of being a couple in a long distance relationship.

One of the things that I have loved the most about this past year has been the cultivation of my blog. When I started blogging more than two years ago, I think I loved the idea of a blog but honestly had no idea what to write. My blogging was sporadic at best, and at times I felt like I was blogging because it was something I admired about other people. Enter a very large blogging hiatus.

But 2012 was different. I started off the year with a blog post about 12 things I wanted to do in the new year, and it really kick-started some things for me. All in all I'd say it was a success. The only true thing I never got around to was writing a song. People always assume that because I play guitar I should naturally just be a font of new music.  The truth is that every time I have sat down to write my own song has been a dud.  It's so much harder than it looks, and it gave me a new appreciation for artists who write their own stuff.

Many of my other endeavors this year have been much more successful however.  Probably the thing I am most proud of is my perseverance in learning how to knit. David loves to spoil my hobbies.  Probably because he knows he's going to reap the benefits of it :)

I can't wait to find out what 2013 has in store for me.  If anything, I want to be able to say I lived everyday to its potential and that above all, I was happy :)

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment