Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankfulness

Happy Thanksgiving :) I don't want to spend more time blogging today than time with my family, but I just wanted to make a list of all the things I am thankful for. I loved all the people who wrote something they were thankful for every day, so because Thanksgiving is on the 22nd, I want to catch up. Here are, in no particular order, 22 things / people / places I am thankful for.

1. The amazing Atlanta weather. The past few weeks, us Atlantans have been blessed with weather that is warm enough to walk outside without freezing, but cool enough to utilize all my favorite sweaters. It's a win-win.

2. My family. This one doesn't really need much explanation because they're so awesome. I know they will always be there for me.

3. Tea. I am grateful for the power that tea has to always transform my mood for the better.

4. David. The guy I can go to when I'm happy or sad (or any emotion in between), I would not exchange our relationship for anything.

5. The opportunity to study at a school where I am constantly challenged. As often as I complain about how difficult Georgia Tech is, I'd rather be here than somewhere where I would be bored.

6. The ability to knit. I guess I should call this one the ability to be crafty in general. It is literally saving my wallet this Christmas.

7. My chorale class this semester. Although this semester is most likely my last semester in a GT choir, I am so grateful for the experience I had over the past few months. I have felt my voice mature with the repertoire we sang, and it was great to sing with a group where I felt truly valued. An added bonus: it was rehearsal that I got to spend time with the lovely and inspiring Molly.

8. The awesome blogs I read. One of the first things I do when I wake up is check to see which blogs I follow have been updated. I am continually inspired by the blogs I read. Find out what my favorites are here.

9. David's family. From the first day I met David's family, I have always felt so welcome, even included, as part of the family. I've celebrated Christmas with them, I've been on vacation with them, and I've drunk copious amounts of wine with them.

10. My five senses.  I take these for granted every. single. day.  They are such precious gifts without even realizing it. I couldn't imaging not being able to see beautiful days like today, not being able to smell the cranberry sauce cooking on the stove, not being able to feel a kiss, not being able to hear the sound of a laugh, or not being able to taste the wonderful feast coming up in just a few short hours.

11. Food.  I am grateful for the luxury of having food to eat this afternoon--also a gift taken for granted and not thought about everyday.

12. Guitar.  I can't believe I will have been playing guitar for four years this March.  Time really flies.

13. Airplanes.  Without these suckers, I wouldn't have the opportunity to see David nearly as much as I do.  Realistically, if he had to drive twelve hours just to come spend a weekend with me, this Thanksgiving would probably be the first time seeing him since he left for Chicago back in August.

14. My friends.  I am truly surrounded by some awesome people in my life.

15. Faith.  It keeps my grounded and gives me hope for the future.

16. The people who read my blog. Y'all don't know how nice it is of you.

17. Technology. Although perhaps a little overwhelming at times, technology really does make a lot of things much easier.

18. Snail mail. I love giving and receiving letters. I think letter writing is a dying art, and I'm determined to keep it alive.

19. Traditions. Nothing says home to me like holiday traditions. Whether it's silly traditions like hanging our stockings on the mantle before going to bed on Christmas Eve or more competitive traditions like my sisters and me vying to give the best Secret Santa gift, I wouldn't change a thing.

20. Patience. Sometimes I wish I had more of this, but I'm grateful for what little I do have. Sometimes it just helps to sit down and breathe.

21. Music. I'm especially excited to start listening to Christmas music :)

22. Homes. Although I've lived in the same house my whole life, there are a lot of different places I call home. Home is not just a physical place but also a state of mind, and home is where my heart is.

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment