Thursday, November 8, 2012

January Throwback

Once upon a time back at the beginning of the year, I wrote a post about 12 things I wanted to do in 2012, and the very first thing on that list is something along the lines of finding something positive in every situation.

Easier said than done, I know.

It's so easy to get caught up in the little things that won't matter in the long run and to linger unnecessarily on the things I can't change. I frequently find myself stressing about, well, everything. What am I going to do if I don't pass the actuarial exam? What am I going to if I don't get the grades I need? When am I going to get my computer up and running again? How long are David and I going to have to do long distance?

Left unchecked, thoughts like these swirl around in my head with abandon, and it's hard to reign them back in once I've let them loose.

But then, I stop, take a deep breath, and try to remember how blessed I am: I go to one of the best schools in the world, and even though it doesn't always feel like I belong here, so many things in my life have been changed for the better by my choosing to come here; I have one of the best boyfriends in the world, and even though we're having to do the long distance thing while I'm going to school in Atlanta and he's working hard in Chicago, I would not exchange our love for anything.

It doesn't mean it's not hard, but I know that one day, it will all be worth it.


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in all things, by prayers and petitions, and with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God that transcends understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."
- Phillippians 4:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment