Sunday, November 25, 2012

Five Things that Made This Long Weekend Wonderful

This Thanksgiving was one for the books, and I had so much to be thankful for. Here are five of the things that made it so great:

5. Seeing Mannheim Steamroller in concert.  I have been listening to their music for years and years and getting to see the group in person was spectacular.  It was the perfect way to get me in the Christmas mood, and it was at the Fox Theater which is always a bonus.

4. I won a clock!  Seriously.  Field Treasure Designs was holding giveaway on their Facebook page, and I was one of the winners.  I won this clock.  And I get to pick which color I want!  So awesome and unexpected.

3. I spent awesome time with my family.  It'd been a long time since I'd slept in my own bed, and it was so nice.  I loved getting to see almost all of my sisters and spend some quality time at home with my parents.  The weekend was relaxing and fun, which was just what the doctor ordered.

2. I went to Athens for the first time.  And while I was there, I had an outrageously good time.  Also, it turns out Canadians are awesome and have the greatest sense of humor.

1. David was here for five whole days.  Even though I didn't get to spend everyday with him while he was here, this was definitely the longest period of time he's been in Atlanta since August.  I know I shouldn't wish away college, but I definitely wish the rest of this semester and the next three would go by quickly so I don't always have to be missing my guy!  Long distance is hard, but if it means being with David, then I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment