Sunday, November 4, 2012

Arts & Crafts Show

Yesterday marked the annual arts and crafts fair that is held every year at my high school.  Dubbed Holiday Traditions because it always takes place the first weekend of November, over 240 vendors from all over the southeast come to sell their goodies.  Among the things sold are jewelry, pottery, paintings, knitted, and crocheted items, and other unique and obscure items like homemade American Girl Doll dresses and wind chimes made from kiln-flattened bottles.

I've always loved Holiday Traditions because it always puts me in the mood for Christmas and because every once in a while, I will find the perfect thing to buy someone.

This year though, I also got a new perspective that I've never gotten before.  While I was there, I drew inspiration from everything.  It was almost as if it refreshed the creative side of myself, and when I left, all I wanted to do was make things.  The good side of this is that I got a lot of ideas of things I'd like to make for people for Christmas, but on the other side of the coin, all I want to do now is knit and cross-stitch endlessly, but I don't have time to even start thinking about these things.  The end of this semester will be very welcome.

Some pictures from the fair:


A mug with feet!


Yarn bowl that my mom bought me :)

2 comments:

  1. You mean knit, cross-stitch and hot glue gun endlessly? Although I'm not really sure how you combine hot glue with knitting...
    I think your first order of business should be to knit some shoes for that mug! And cool bowl Btw :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Combine hot glue with knitting? Challenge accepted!

      Delete