Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tuesday Tea: Revamping My Mornings

Today marked the first day of a new experiment I'm trying. In an effort to start making the most of my days, I'm trying a new thing where I wake up at 8, whether I have a class I need to get to or not. I know there's some people who are probably rolling their eyes at me thinking that they would love to sleep in to 8 o'clock, but I am ignoring all judgement about the fact that I am usually a late sleeper. But I do recognize the fact that change isn't always a bad thing, and I am hoping in this instance that it is actually a really good thing. Besides having the intention of normalizing my sleep schedule, I hope that by starting my day earlier I will get more work done throughout the day and that I will also have more energy. That last bit probably sounds counterintuitive (I know it originally did to me), but from my personal experience, although it is harder to get up earlier, once I am awake, I feel like I got more out of my sleep than if I had woken up at 11.

So how has my day been going so far? Well, my alarm went off promptly at 8 this morning, and the temptation to reset it to another time was overwhelming. I will confess that I slept for another hour, but hey, this is a work in progress. After getting dressed while listening to The Best of Cat Stevens (isn't The Wind the greatest song ever?), I packed up my bag and wandered my way over to Starbucks. After ordering a bagel and a cup of tea, I settled into my math book in anticipation of the test I have on Thursday. Before I knew it, it was already time to go to class, so I followed along in my book with what my professor was teaching, and I discovered that everything he writes on the board is copied directly from the book. The only other professor that I've had do that was my calc. 3 professor and we all know how well that class turned out (read: it ended up badly).

But, on a better note, I'm drinking tea out of this guy:



Prepping for Halloween with style :)

No comments:

Post a Comment