Friday, November 2, 2012

FanFiction

I have a confession to make. I used to write fan fiction. This shouldn't be a drastic revelation to some people, but to others, my nerd status might have just escalated through the roof.

When I was younger, I used to have this dream of writing a novel (still do have that dream actually--it's even on my bucket list), and for quite a long time, fan fiction was the perfect writing fix. I didn't even have to come up with my own characters! Because coming up with a decent plot and characters is half the trouble of writing a book anyways, let's be honest.

But don't think I'm ever going to tell you what my pen name was. It's almost more embarrassing than some of the stories I wrote.

I will tell you this though: 95% of the things I wrote were about everyone's favorite potions master.

Severus Snape has my heart.

One of the things I think I liked most about writing fan fiction though was that the feedback from other writers and readers of fan fiction was almost instantaneous. Nothing feels better than having someone write a review or even, on some awesome occasions, adding the story to their favorites. Instant gratification for the win.

1 comment:

  1. KERRY YOU WRITE FAN FICTION ABOUT SEVERUS SNAPE. MY LOVE FOR YOU HAS AUGMENTED.

    ReplyDelete