Friday, October 5, 2012

Chronicles of My Latest Obsession

Okay, so I sort of have two new obsessions, one of which is my new Kindle, but that's a whole other post.

The latest obsession to which I am referring is Downton Abbey.  I'm hooked.  My sisters have been talking about this show ever since it premiered two years ago, but I didn't really give it a second thought for the longest time because I'm not really a big TV watcher.  That's not to say that I couldn't easily lose a whole afternoon to watching mindless television, but I don't really follow a lot of shows religiously (except perhaps Games of Thrones which will always be the exception).

But regardless, I had to have something to pass the time this past week while I was bedridden with what I have been calling the cold of the century.  The end result: I perused Netflix for a time-passer and stumbled upon the first season of Downton Abbey.  Which I proceeded to finish all of in almost one sitting.  Everything from the music to the fashions has me addicted, and tonight, I started season two.  I'm sure it will take me no time at all to also finish it as well, but I'm trying to bide my time as much as possible seeing as how they are currently in the middle of season three.  Before I know it, I'll have caught up, and then I'll actually have to wait!  Quelle horreur!

Oh, and one of the housemaids, Gwen, is Ygritte from Game of Thrones.  I almost peed myself when I figured that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment