Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday Five: Five Things That I am Sort of Super Proud Of

Five Things That I am Sort of Super Proud Of.

1. How well I am doing in my probability and statistics class. I certainly don't have perfect grades--far from it really--but if there is one thing I am proud of, it is how dedicated I have been to this math class so far this semester. Considering my two tests grades so far have been a 100 and a 98, I'd say I'm off to a good start already. Even better, this ties in directly to the actuarial exam that I will be taking this November.

2. My Will to Start Running: I was pretty good about this over the summer, but I'm trying to get back into the swing of things now that the school year has mostly settled into a routine.

3. My guitar playing: Sometimes I can't believe that I've been playing guitar for three and a half years. To think about how what used to be a dream is now a reality is the coolest thought. I'm also constantly trying to push my guitar abilities, and I do so by covering a song on YouTube about once a month. While I'm certainly no Internet star, I've discovered that this is really something I do for myself just to prove to myself that I can.

4. I am a published writer. Although never having been on the caliber of Yeats and Eliot, I've been writing, mostly poetry, for most of my life. What started off as just silly rhyming poems gradually transformed into some work that I felt proud enough of to show to people. Over time, I was published in my award winning high school literary magazine, Rapier, and I have been published in Georgia Tech's literary magazine for the past two years.

5. I floss every night. While most people floss sporadically, if at all, I floss every night without fail. I attribute this mostly with the fact that I really hate the dentist. As a result, I take dental hygiene really seriously since I take it as a sign to not have to go to the dentist as often.

No comments:

Post a Comment