Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday Five: Five Things That Are Perpetually on My To-Do List

Five Things That Are Perpetually on My To-Do List.

1. Paint nails / remove nail polish: When it comes to my fingernails, I'm always telling myself to take the half an hour and paint my nails, just so they look a little better.  When it comes to my toenails, they almost always have polish already on them, but it's usually been there for so long that half of it has chipped off anyways.  It's a cruel painful cycle of always removing and re-applying nail polish for me.

2. Do CS homework: Just as soon as I finish one CS homework, another one has already been posted in its stead.  Having CS homework due every week is a real bummer.

3. Journal: Looking back at old journals that I have kept over the years, I find that I am always the most satisfied with the ones that I kept up with on a regular basis.  As a result, I am always pestering myself to keep up with my journal more often because I know that one day I am going to want to go back and re-read it, but there are always disconnects and lags in my writing.

4. Knit: I have this crazy dream of one year not buying gifts for anyone but instead making everything I give.  If this were the case, at the rate I knit, I should have started last Christmas.

5. Call my sisters: I sometimes feel bad because my sisters and I (or maybe just me) are bad about calling each other.  Of course, we always want to let the others know what's going on in our lives, but we're really bad about doing so.  We always have one weekend a year in January (dubbed Sister's Weekend) where we spill every little detail of our lives (the good, the bad, and the ugly), but other than family shindigs and birthday parties and the occasional TMI post on Facebook, I feel like there is always a lag in us finding out what's going on in each others lives.  I like to blame it on the fact that I have five other sisters to keep up with, but in reality, it really should be easier than I'm making it out to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment