Saturday, August 25, 2012

Friday (Saturday) Five

Five Things Without Which I Could Not Survive the First Week of Class.

1) Tea. I drink tea all day everyday. Call me crazy, but I think tea goes well with everything. I also love it because I don't feel guilty for drinking it. When I don't want water, I reach for tea instead of soda, and since I went through a pretty big soda phase once, I consider this to be one small victory for me. But tea has seriously helped me out this week, from waking up in the morning to carrying on during the day to winding-down at night.

2) My birthday.  This past Wednesday, I turned 21, and it was exactly what I needed to transition back into another semester of classes.  I got to see all of my friends and eat dinner with my parents, and I laughed for a good majority of the day.  Unwinding midway through the week with a couple drinks didn't hurt either since I'm now 21 :)

3) My alarm.  Having lived a life of sleeping-in these past two weeks, having to actually wake up at a certain time has been a beast.  Luckily I don't have any classes before 10 A.M., but it's always nice to know that my alarm clock has my back for those days where I'm really sleepy.

4) Knitting.  It's so therapeutic, and it's an awesome way to unwind at the end of the day.

5) Hair clips.  I'm trying to grow my hair out again, and because I hate always throwing my hair up in a ponytail, I resort to hair clips.  And bows.  And flowers.  I maybe have a small obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment