Friday, August 3, 2012

Five Literary Characters That I Think I Could Actually Be Friends With

Trying very hard to not steal any of Molly's Friday Five (because let's be honest, I want to be friends with all of her literary buds too), the following is my list of Five Literary Characters That I Think I Could Actually Be Friends With.

1) Severus Snape, Harry Potter: Okay, maybe this one is a little bit of a stretch. Maybe in my perfect world would I be best friends with none other than the greasy Potions master from one of the most beloved series of all time. Underneath that snarky guise, I can see a mutual love of reading and a dry sense of humor. I definitely think I could make him laugh.

2) Claire Randall (née Beauchamp), Outlander*: Brave and charismatic, Claire will always be one of my favorite literary characters. And she travels through time. That could seriously have its perks. But despite that, she is genuine and honest and beyond innovative, and for that, I truly admire her.

3) Cassandra Mortmain, I Capture the Castle: We have three solid things in common: a love of reading, a love of people watching, and a love of writing. Above that, she has the kindest heart. Willing to make sacrifices for anyone, especially her older sister, Cassandra is quiet and innocent but has incredible drive.

4) Fr. Ralph de Bricassart, The Thorn Birds: A rather un-kosher choice, I know, but I feel like I could tell Fr. de Bricassart anything without judgement because I feel like he above anyone else understands the limitations of humanity.

5) Winnie the Pooh, Winnie the Pooh: Besides his tremendous love of food, Pooh has the biggest heart and loves unconditionally, especially his great friend Piglet. I think I could fit into that friend group quite well. Besides, he's Pooh Bear and I'm Ker-Bear. It's meant to be.

*P.S. Molly, I think you would really like this series.

1 comment:

  1. But what would you say when he tells you that he killed dumbledore?

    ReplyDelete