"Jamaica, Bahama, come on pretty mama. Key Largo, Montego, baby, why don't we go."
This week's post inspired by my pal, Jimmy Buffet. For as long as I can remember, my family has been going to South Florida to visit my mom's step-dad. What used to be a 12-hour drive has now blessedly transformed itself into a two-hour flight into Miami which feels like a breeze compared to being cooped up in the car all day.
The vacation in Ocean Reef, Key Largo lasted about a week and was filled with lots of relaxation and sun time. Here are just some of my favorite parts:
- Free snacks on the airplane. Fastest way into my heart: feed me.
- Our waiter tantalizing me every night with wine because he knew I was turning 21 in two weeks.
- Figuring out why manholes are round. Read the answer here!
- Working on my tan while drinking daiquiris.
- Talking to David on the phone while he was vacationing in California.
- Lizards EVERYWHERE.
- Getting to spend some quality time with my grandfather.
- Playing tennis for the first time in years.
- Working on my future grandma skills by cross-stitching every night.
I can't wait to go back!