Sunday, August 12, 2012

Beach Week

"Jamaica, Bahama, come on pretty mama. Key Largo, Montego, baby, why don't we go."

This week's post inspired by my pal, Jimmy Buffet. For as long as I can remember, my family has been going to South Florida to visit my mom's step-dad. What used to be a 12-hour drive has now blessedly transformed itself into a two-hour flight into Miami which feels like a breeze compared to being cooped up in the car all day.

The vacation in Ocean Reef, Key Largo lasted about a week and was filled with lots of relaxation and sun time.  Here are just some of my favorite parts:

- Free snacks on the airplane.  Fastest way into my heart: feed me.
- Our waiter tantalizing me every night with wine because he knew I was turning 21 in two weeks.
- Figuring out why manholes are round.  Read the answer here!
- Working on my tan while drinking daiquiris.
- Talking to David on the phone while he was vacationing in California.
- Lizards EVERYWHERE.
- Getting to spend some quality time with my grandfather.
- Playing tennis for the first time in years.
- Working on my future grandma skills by cross-stitching every night.

I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment