Sunday, June 10, 2012

Ship Shape

I'll be the first person to admit that I'm not a runner, and I really never have been. Back in elementary school P.E., I always could be counted upon to hold up the back of the line while we were all running the fitness test mile, and not much has changed since all those years.  But David has recently started running, and I want to follow his example.  An added bonus: I think running would be another great thing to get involved with together, sort of like a weird, sporty bonding experience.  Plus he's a great motivator, which I desperately need.

But I confess that I'm horribly out of shape.  I went running with him and a couple other guys this past Thursday evening, and it wasn't long before I was outpaced.  So until I can keep up with Mr. Speedy-Gonzales himself, I've decided to try a new running regimen that I've heard about from a couple other people.  It's called "Couch to 5K" and it's designed for slow pokes like me that want to get into running for essentially the first time.  Day 1 will start tomorrow, and I'm anxious for results.  I'll try and post some weekly updates about how the program is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment