Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Couch to 5K: Week One

Day One:

Pre-run thoughts: I don't want to do this, I don't want to do this, I don't want to do this.

Post-run thoughts: Now that Day One is done, I'm actually really glad that I started. Funny enough, I think the warm-up was the hardest part--I'm pretty sure that's not how it's supposed to work!--but once the actual running began, I fell into a nice stride, and really enjoyed myself. Being able to listen to some music really helped, and I was pleasantly surprised when the app told me that I had already made it halfway. At one point I also got a distance and pace update, but I'm not sure if that was from the Couch to 5K app or from the GPS app that I also had running. To be investigated further...


Day Two:

Pre-Run thoughts: It's raining. You've gotta be kidding me.

More pre-run thoughts: Because it was raining pretty heavily, David made the executive decision to go to the gym to run. I really hate running on an indoor track (it's just so monotonous), but I was determined to get my run in. Much to our chagrin however, when we arrived at the CRC, the building was immediately evacuated because of a severe storm warning. If someone wants to fill me in as to why we were forced to leave because of some thunder, I'd love to be filled in. As a result though, we ended up running outside anyways. I didn't do day two of the program yet since I didn't want to get my phone wet, but I did end up running just a simple mile, stopping only once when a cop pulled over to tell me I shouldn't be out in the storm. Thanks for the heads up, Mr. Police Man.

Post-run thoughts (for real this time): This time, I successfully got to run day two. I could definitely feel a difference from day one already although the run wasn't much harder. A couple lessons learned though: don't eat so close to the run and drink more water throughout the day. Cramming in a couple pints just two hours before the run isn't cutting it.


Day Three:

Pre-run thoughts: I would rather be doing anything than studying. That includes running.

Post-run thoughts: Good run. I feel pretty awesome that I've stuck with this for a week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment