Tuesday, February 28, 2012

New Hobbies.

So I've officially become obsessed with knitting.  I can't get enough of it, and I just wish I had enough money to buy all the yarn and needles my heart could desire.  So far, I have created a tea cozy, and I think it turned out better than I expected.  Of course, as my first project, it's nowhere near perfect, but I know now what to improve upon should I decide to make a second one.  For this one, I decided to knit one long strip instead of knitting in a round.  I did this for two reasons.  One, knitting in a round would require me actually knowing how to do this; and two, I had a nifty button that I wanted to attach instead.  So, as it would turn out, I actually made it too big.  But I know for future how many rows of stitches to add, and I'm eager to make a new one.  It still looks pretty good on the cup but is prone to slipping down on occasion.  Nonetheless, you could definitely say I'm in love with crafting.  Hopefully I won't start neglecting my cross-stitch now!

The finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment