Wednesday, April 27, 2011

One Day at a Time.

I had a minor emotional crisis in my room last night.  3 AM cry-fests, we really need to stop meeting like this... 

And when I woke up this morning, feeling like absolute crap and the evidence of the previous night still on my face, I lacked any motivation to get up and go to class.  But with the anticipation of my calculus teacher having a PRS quiz at the beginning of class (and me trying to salvage my grade in any way possible), I dragged myself out of the comfort of my bed, and braved the day.  Mind that scarcely any effort was put into this--my hair was sloppily thrown up into a pony tail, my face was unwashed and make-up-less, and I literally grabbed the first thing in my wardrobe.  I lazily caught a bus instead of walking to Howey for class where I proceeded to haphazardly pay attention to the lecture.  Really I was just too busy checking my grades for the thousandth time.

But when I went to French, absolutely dreading giving my project presentation, things changed.  My teacher had brought a baguette and cheese to class, I laughed ridiculously with the guy sitting next to me, and when it came time to present my project, the French magically rolled off my tongue without me having prepared anything.  It was magic, and I realized that my day could be just a little bit better if I just smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment