Like every other college student home for the holidays, I can’t ignore the mandatory blog post about everything I’ve missed about home. They’re all relatively small things, but it is honestly the small things in life that I love the most because they often go unnoticed under normal circumstances.
- holding my mom’s hand while doing last minute Christmas shopping.
- putting on slippers before going downstairs in the morning because the kitchen tile is so cold.
- inside jokes and euphemisms (usually at the dinner table).
- my mom knocking on the bathroom door because I’m taking too long in the shower again.
- staying up late for absolutely no reason, just because I can.
- food that is so high above the quality of the dining hall food at school that my palate thinks it’s getting spoiled.
- trying to figure out Christmas music on guitar before Christmas Eve.
- sisters walking randomly into the house because they all still live so close.
- my mom chasing me around the house with a spider she’s caught in her hand.
- actually reading a book for pleasure because I finally have the time.
- trying to not take anything for granted because I know I’m going to miss this when second semester starts up in January.